Mark your calanders!

Mark your calendars so you can be at Sky Harbor Airport to welcome Jordan home. He will arrive:

Tuesday June 15th
, 2010
at 5:30 pm

on British Airways to Phoenix.

Everyone is invited to welcome him off the plane!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday, January 18th, 2010

hey family

i hope everything is going pretty well with you, it sounds like it from your letters. We had another great week here, Jozan jr was baptized on saturday and confirmed on sunday and there was a great turnout to his baptism of family and investigators. We have an investigator named martin with a baptismal date and he came to the baptism and brought his wife and two kids along with him and they all really enjoyed it, his wife opened up quite a bit and enjoyed the baptism, i had talked to her once before and she was pretty closed off but was a completely different person after feeling the spirit there and wants to start coming to church and learning more about these things.

Also if you remember the man whose wife died and we sang at her funeral last transfer? Well we home teach him now and he is improving quite a bit, his daughter has gained interest in the church after the death of her mother and came to church with him yesterday and i sat with the two of them she was deeply touched and is starting to believe and thoroughly enjoys reading in the Book of Mormon.

I had a little scare yesterday at church, about 2 minutes before church started as I was greeting investigators coming in President slezar came up to me and told me that the main talk for sacrament meeting wasn't there and asked me to give a 15-20 minute talk on forgiving others. Of course I said yes. As I was playing the opening hymn I was frantically trying to think of scriptures to share about forgiving others, but than to my great relief, during the sacrament hymn in came the member who had the talk so I was off the hook.

We had a good turn out at church this week with 5 investigators at church plus all of our recent converts in the last 4 months plus quite a few of the less actives we are working with. Recent converts are great to teach with even though they don't have a lot of gospel knowledge their testimonies are so strong and simple and its much easier for them to relate how the gospel blesses them in their life because those memories of when they didn't have it are so recent in their minds.

We went to zlin this last week for a day to help out the missionaries there and we had some real good success. I finally got my international drivers license, so now I don't have to worry about the cops getting upset at me if I get pulled over and pull out my American drivers license, that happened once when Elder Roberts was driving but we got let off easy, probably because the cop didn't know English.

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes, a couple of people asked if that means I am legal to do everything know in the czech republic, basically once you are 18 here you can do whatever you want so I have been legal since I got in the country.

I reread a really good talk this last week, its probably the best talk i have read about missionary work it is called "missionary work and the Atonement" by Elder Holland I recommend it to all, and if you know any missionaries out send them a copy. The work is going well here we are pushing to hit our goal of having three more baptisms here by the end of the transfer we have a month left so we are pursuing that.

Thanks for all of your love and support and prayers for me it really does help, you are the best.

love
elder hatch

No comments: