Mark your calanders!

Mark your calendars so you can be at Sky Harbor Airport to welcome Jordan home. He will arrive:

Tuesday June 15th
, 2010
at 5:30 pm

on British Airways to Phoenix.

Everyone is invited to welcome him off the plane!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Saturday, May 15th, 2010

Hey family,

Well the miracles keep on happening here with some unfortunate news thrown in, katka who was supposed to be getting baptized today, unfortunately will be pushed back 2 weeks, she had lost her job about 6 weeks ago and had been searching around desperately for another one which she start this last Monday, and unfortunately she is having to work today but is disappointed she has to miss her baptism and excited to have it done soon.

Right now we have 9 people with scheduled baptisms on the plan: six for may 29th and 3 for June 5th and they are all such great people. I love working with them so much and they all have such great faith and are willing to act on it.

We taught the law of tithing to our 4 Nigerians on Wednesday and they were like "finally! we kept on wondering how we could pay tithing and we didnt see the donation box so this is how you do it, we have always been taught since we were little that we need to pay 10 percent to the Lord". They were so excited to start paying and bearing testimony about it to us, and then Sam (he is the executive for Hewerrt Packard) started talking about how 10% is just the base and it is ok to pay more like 15 or 20% if you have the means.

We went on exchanges to olomouc on Thursday and worked all day with them and saw some great success- they said it was the most successful day of their transfer. They are hard workers and they are going to have some good things going for them there. We spent the night there and got up the next morning and went to Brno where we had our new missionary progression seminar. I really like working with the new missionaries because they are so open and willing to suggestions and have great desires to become good missionaries and are full of faith. It was also a great feeling to watch them as we went through different scenarios and they found out for themselves that they could do all these things in czech and slovak.

We had a interesting experience last night, there was a man baptized here about 4 months ago named Kenneth from Africa and he was baptized by a senior missionary. We had been trying to get in touch with him for awhile and I found a number in my phone for a member named Kenneth so I called him up and set up a meeting and we went to meet him with this senior missionary. As we show up to the door the man answers it and introduces himself as Kenneth, the senior missionary whispered to me its the wrong Kenneth but he invites us in and it turns out he is from nigeria was baptized in germany 13 years ago and lives and works in spain now where he goes to church every week but was in prague visiting his family and now his family is investigating the church. It was a strange event that turned into a mini miracle.

Another interesting experience I had was at the mission home the other evening. I went to pick up laundry and President was talking to a missionary who returned home about a year ago and was back for a school thing, he had 2 friends with him and we talked with them for a bit. One of his friends looked really familiar and I was like where are you from you look familiar and he said Arizona, I was like are you john spears? he was like yeah with a confused look on his face and then I told him I'm Elder Hatch and then he recognized me, small world these days.

Missionary work is going great I am loving being a missionary and I am working harder than ever so I can finish strong. I really enjoy everything I am doing and I see the hand of the Lord in the work so often it is amazing. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Hatch

No comments: